Business Mentor - New Enterprise Allowance
Standguide Ltd, an established and growing Recruitment and Skills Training Company delivering a range of SFA, DWP and Commercial contracts are looking for Business Mentors to actively support a caseload of participants who have been referred to DWP's New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) provision with the main aim being to assist and advise participants on starting and maintaining their own sustainable business. This will be achieved by; Link Up: Start Up workshops, Initial Assessments, business seminars, individual mentoring support, creating accurate and detailed business plans, referring to suitable partner organisations and intensive support during specified stages of trading. Ensuring business forecasts are realistic and achievable to enable a sustainable outcome.
Business Mentors will be targeted on referrals, provision starts, business start-ups and the start-up sustainment's (6 months and 12 months) to ensure we meet contractual targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- As part of a team, meet and exceed DWP contractual targets for New Business Start Ups (NBSU) and Universal Credit Existing Business (UCEB) participants
- Promote the NEA contract by actively networking with JcP offices / staff, along with other potential referral routes in the local area
- Conduct Link Up: Start Up workshops which enables Business Mentors to complete a comprehensive and holistic screening process; assessing the participant's ability to overcome and understand the barriers they may face in becoming self-employed
- Conduct Initial Assessments (NBSU) toassess the participant's business idea, ability to complete a finalised, robust business plan in 12 weeks, self-employment prospects, potential sustainability of business and suitability for NEA Phase 2
- Conduct Initial Assessments (UCEB) assessment ofindividual's business, current financial position, marketing activities, future potential of business in current market and where support offered can help improve earnings.
- Deliver mandatory group seminars including Financial Planning and Marketing, along with, where applicable, Added value seminars to cover specialist business knowledge, e.g. becoming a ltd company, employing others etc.
- All participants will complete a comprehensive business plan. For NBSU a Business Plan will be submitted, short to long-term business goals identified and marketing materials (business cards, leaflets) produced. For UCEB, business plans will be scrutinised and assessed to produce a Business Development & Growth Planwithin 12 weeks from start date.
- Actively engage with a caseload of customers to provide intensive support during the pre-trading stage, working within agreed contractual minimum service levels (MSL). These include; Post commencement of trading support (NBSU) and Post mentoring support (UCEB) will last for 52 weeks with 5 x 45 minute (average) 1-1 interventions, booked at 10, 18, 26, 39 and 52 weeks after commencing trading (NBSU) or approval of Business Development & Growth Plan (UCEB).
- Working closely with the Contract Support Administrators who will be conducting In Work Support (IWS) to ensure the customer achieves sustainability, and is given the support required to maintain their business
- Work peripatetically across multiple Standguide centres, delivering to a wide range of customers
- Complete weekly and monthly documentation by using ManagementInformation Systems (Maytas) to ensure relevant caseload information is recorded in line with company policies and procedures
Equality & Diversity
Standguide Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for everyone and values the diversity of all its staff and customers. The Company welcomes individuals from local, regional and international communities. Standguide value difference and diversity and will strive to create positive working relationships so that everyone can work to the best of their abilities, free from discrimination, prejudice, harassment or victimisation. The Company recognises that everyone has a contribution to make and that services can be improved by harnessing the skills and contributions from customers, all sectors of the workforce and the community.
Successful candidates will be subject to references and DBS check.
Please see our website for the application form and job description to apply direct.
Candidates must have full access to a vehicle with valid business insurance.