Baker / Cook
Are you a keen baker, looking to work sociable hours in an amazing location? This could be just the role for you.What it's like to work here
This quirky manor house is located in the pretty Cotswold village of Snowshill. Visitors come to Snowshill Manor to see the eclectic treasures collected over a lifetime by architect and craftsman Charles Wade. The courtyard gardens include a kitchen garden, which provides seasonal fruit and vegetables for the tearoom. You will likely need your own transport to get here, however this is your chance to work at a unique property within a stunning countryside setting.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year. You'll typically work 5 days per week during high season, dropping to a day or two in low season.
We don't work split shifts, evenings, or Christmas day either.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you'll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious cakes, bakes and seasonal dishes. Working with produce straight from the garden and local suppliers, you'll always be looking for ways to minimise waste and control costs and resources. This will see you liaising with our gardeners about the produce available, and what we're able to use.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you'll make sure the team is working effectively to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers. You'll help the catering team ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH.Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer's expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.
You'll need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experienced in delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking