HR Advisor, Warwick, 12 Months Contract
Pontoon has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor that is used to working within a fast moving environment. The Successful consultant will need to have experience within Case management.
- Experience of operating as Advisor for Dispute related activity or within HR Operational role
- A thorough understanding of and ability to technically apply, HR policies and procedures within the context of expected standards for employee conduct sickness absence, performance improvement, grievance / DBH
- Experience and confidence in the provision of detailed advice on separate policies to a range of stakeholders at all levels on a timely basis in relation to above policies
- A detailed understanding of the Drug & Alcohol policy and process for testing
- Knowledge of employment legislation and its impact for case management/ employees
- A broad understanding of external good practice i.e. ACAS requirements for such policies
- Ability to distil information received via telephone and or email, to interpret the requirements and priorities and provide timely and relevant policy guidance
- Experience of interviewing question design/technique and report writing
- Quick relationship builder and stakeholder management at all levels; able to influence colleagues to prioritise timely completion of case management processes or otherwise promptly escalate for guidance.
- Experience of applying the principles of previous Cases to future cases to ensure appropriate advice around consistency and fairness
- Confident and articulate to push back and be able to manage difficult conversations in an appropriate but assertive manner
- Competent with word; powerpoint and excel; sharepoint, outlook applications
- Proactive, highly organised and attentive to detail, ability to manage a disparate workload, multi-task and prioritise to consistently deliver
- Ability to confidently challenge current ways of working, to influence and encourage change
- Clear and confident communicator (verbal and written) with commercial acumen
- Working with Contact HR to manage individuals who have been dismissed through the Cases process to be appropriately closed down
- At peak times, support Administrator in scheduling activity / admin
- Be proactive in identifying & resolving administrative issues
- Advise and coach the business around appropriate circumstances for suspension / workplace separation and ensure close watch on timescales and reviews in cases where employees are suspended; ensure appropriate communications issued.
- Work with responsible manager to ensure an appropriate Investigation Officer is sourced on a timely basis.
- Guide & coach the Investigating Officer / Responsible Manager in the investigation process; scope and approach for investigation interviews.
- Review all investigation reports for completeness and address any gaps before passing to more experienced colleague for over check.
- Monitoring the investigation timeline for slowness in process, taking appropriate action to escalate / seek further advice
For more enquires please contact:
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Applicants should show all skills on their CV.