Technical Product Assistant (Chemistry / Marketing) - Graduate
Technical Product Assistant (Chemistry / Marketing) 26-28.5k
As a technical product assistant in the polymers / adhesives field for a chemicals organisation you will apply your technical knowledge to assist product and business managers to assist in the technical support of products to clients. With a background in science and an understanding of the products you may be involved in issuing prices, liaise with R&D and production on new product developments and complaints, creating sales tools, analysing sales activity, providing cost information, data analysis and market research.
Full training given could suit a graduate with some sales or marketing experience and some experience in the lab, or a graduate looking for a role outside the lab where they can apply their technical skills who preferably has had laboratory experience in polymers or adhesives.
- To help grow the sales of adhesive products through providing a responsive and accurate service to commercial teams on pricing and product information. This will involve collating and analysing all costing information and recommending prices within agreed limits.
- To analyse sales data, liaise with sales teams about planned activities in the field, competitor information, pricing, market trends, new customers and provide this data to the Adhesives Business Manager.
- To carry out agreed/defined market research activities, such as market and competitor evaluation through internet research, analyse data and produce a set of recommendations.
- To attend customer visits with the sales team and collate case study information to help promote specific products.
- To work closely with and support the Business Manager on new product developments with R&D, providing clear inputs into the database detailing the needs and commercial justification for R&D projects.
- To help plan new product launches, ensuring the necessary literature and datasheets are in place in addition to sales tools, stocks and price lists.
- To be the key commercial contact on technical complaints and liaise with R&D and the plant on effective route cause analysis communicating outcomes clearly with commercial teams to ensure problems are not repeated.
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a Business or Technical subject. (Chemistry / Materials).
- Must have Maths A level.
- Strong technical background and knowledge.
- Knowledge of polymers or adhesives desirable
- Must enjoy working with numbers and have excellent numeracy and analytical skills to be able to confidently handle price, margin and sales data.
- PC and internet proficient, with advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Desirable: Diploma or further qualification (e.g. Diploma in Marketing; MSc in Material Sci etc)
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3251