Senior ServiceNow Developer
Senior ServiceNow Developer- Birmingham
About the role
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Senior ServiceNow Developer in our Development Services Team of the Applications TDC division. This role comes with the unique opportunity to become expert in a rapidly growing technology, ServiceNow.
About Capita | Service Birmingham
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
Service Birmingham is the partnership between Birmingham City Council and Capita. The agreement was set up in April 2006 to support Birmingham City Council in changing the way it works, using Information Communications Technology to pave the way
What you will do:
- Assisting with the design, documentation and implementation of ServiceNow enhancements in line with a continual improvement model.
- Facilitating and supporting the rollout of new applications and enhancements in ServiceNow.
- Ensuring development documentation is maintained and accurate.
- Ensuring that best practices are followed during systems design, build and implementation.
- Ensuring adherence to the Release and Change process.
- Working closely with customers to ensure requirements cover requested enhancements.
- Using process flows to determine best practise solutions.
- Managing and implementing ServiceNow patching and upgrades.
- Production of Technical Specifications for ServiceNow project work.
- Hands on approach, working closely with Process Owners and Business Analysts to understand the system's functional and non-functional requirements.
- Be an advocate of the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide mentoring to other developers as well as other business users and be responsible for making best practice recommendations on the system usage.
Your experience will include:
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform.
- Experienced in design, implementation and documentation of ServiceNow Workflows.
- Experience of managing and applying Update Sets in line with company policy.
- Experience of Web Service interfaces including SOAP, and REST.
- Experience of SDLC/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with MID Server setups.
- Experience with LDAP integrations.
- Experience with Discovery.
- Experience with Service Catalogue.
- Experience with CMDB and Asset Management.
- Scripting in Bootstrap, MYSQL, Angular JS and/or Jelly.
- Experience of the ServiceNow Service Management Platform as well as administration and development.
- Strong technical and development skills
- Good verbal communication skills to explain complex solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Ability to maintain specialist knowledge that is accurate and current, to be in a position to meet demands both current and anticipated.
- Ability to provide hands on training to users with different levels of experience.
- Must be a well-motivated team player
- Technical innovator
- Good communicator at all levels of organisation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Self- starter - ability to take an idea and run with it
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Scoped Apps.
- Knowledge of Orchestration
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification.
- Knowledge of Project Management (PRINCE2).
- Knowledge of Testing Scripts, the Cucumber testing tool and RUBY / RUBY on Rails frameworks.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme as well as access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.