HR and Recruitment Assistant
Our client, a collaborative Public sector organisation based in Stratford-upon-Avon, is currently recruiting for a HR and Recruitment Assistant on a temporary contract until December 2017. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a thriving organisation with outstanding facilities. The working hours for this post will be up to37 hours per week and the rate for this position is negotiable dependent upon experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
*Acting as first point of contact for the HR Office, including monitoring the HR email inbox and handling incoming employee or management queries
* Assisting in the recording and monitoring of absences and Bradford factors, ensuring all associated paperwork such as return to work meeting notes and fit to work notes were recorded as required
* Providing advice and guidance to line managers in regards to recruitment and selection, including supporting in the creation of job descriptions and advertisements, shortlisting candidates in line with company guidelines and coordinating the interview process
* Liaising with external contacts including recruitment agencies, job boards and the local press to deliver cost effective candidate attraction
* Responsible for creating and updating employee files including creating records on the HR system, producing offer packs for new starters and ensuring completion of the New Starter Checklist
* Supporting with the design and delivery of the staff Induction programme for all new employees, including organising induction events and providing training on behalf of the HR Department
* Recording and monitoring the DBS application process and overseeing Right to Work, safeguarding and risk assessments for all staff and contractors on the premises
* Preparing HR reports and statistical data for use at Senior Leadership and Board meetings
* Organising and administering the staff appraisal process, including tracking and monitoring all relevant documentation to the required quality standards
The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of recruitment processes, experience within a HR department and CIPD qualifications are desirable
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.