CAD Engineer - Solidworks
Production / CAD Engineer required in Rugby, Warwickshire.
Established for over 50 years W.Potters & Sons proudly manufacure and supply equipment to the commercial cage-free poultry industry, in the UK and around the world, with offices and warehouses in the UK and North America.
Due to continuing business growth and expanding manufacturing base, Potters are now looking to recruit an experienced Production / CAD Engineer to be based at their head office site in Rugby.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to the Engineering Manager, the successful Production / CAD Engineer will take control of the CAD design process including creating and managing bills of materials. You will also:
- Produce accurate and detailed technical drawings as required by the engineering department, customers and suppliers
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Quality and Purchasing Depts.
- Update technical drawings witin existing database.
- To produce accurate and detailed drawings from an initial brief;
- Modify existing drawings to bring them up to current specification;
- Use Solidworks to create drawing work;
- Assist with product redesign to continuously improve Potters products;
- Liaise with suppliers to discuss drawings and requirements.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Production / CAD Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of 3D CAD preferably Solidworks. Proven experience working in a production or manufacturing environment with bill of material knowledge is also required.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of material properties.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as a Production / CAD Engineer, you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary.
Standard working hours are 8am - 4.30pm.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Production / CAD Engineer, we want to hear from you!