IT Helpdesk Support
Role: IT Helpdesk Support
Salary: GBP25,000 - GBP28,000 + Benefits
The responsibilities of the IT Helpdesk Support are as follows:
- Provide first level helpdesk support, log all calls using internal Helpdesk application; troubleshooting of hardware and software issues.
- Provide and support all office & shop floor IT activities, including setting up of computers, notebooks, printers, scanners, workplace, docking stations, information points and patching cables.
- Logging both internal and external customers hardware, software and all IT issues
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software to company standard using internal deployment software; including computers and notebooks and all associated network devices; restore data from backup server.
- Administration of desktop computers, notebooks, printers/photocopiers and telephony
- Administering and maintaining user accounts using windows Active Directory.
- Support mobile working users across a number of platforms, including iOS, MobileIron and SecOVID for remote access
- Supporting Microsoft Windows operating 7 & 10 systems and MS Office applications
- IT Asset management (inventory update and disposing of obsolete hardware)
- Basic Windows servers and Network administration (only allowed to administrate local Cisco switches and Servers, limited access allowed)
The successful IT Helpdesk Support will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working within a technical support team & relevant experience of IT helpdesk support
- Problem solving skills in hardware and software issues
- Good understanding of Windows 7/10 and MS Office 2010 & 2016 applications
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes plus Network and Telecommunications (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Cisco switches), CCNA part1 qualified and Basic knowledge of firewall preferable
- Knowledge of Windows 2008R2/2012R2 servers
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a small IT team; in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Excellent customer care and communication skills - both written and verbal
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 11924/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .
3DOM Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, 3DOM Recruitment Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.