Colour and Materials Designer Creation - Realisation
Colour and Materials Designers (creation and realisation) - Gaydon - GBP33 per hour/ ltd
The post holder will be responsible for designing and developing colour & materials for Core (Creation and Realisation) and SVO programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond. (Initially the role will be focused on Creation/ Realisation content.)
Reporting to the Realisation Colour and Materials Manager you will be responsible for the development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application. Taking a collaborative approach you will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently. You will be required to negotiate against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers. Responsible for agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time, you will be flexible to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
1) Relevant Experience - Automotive Colour and Materials
2) Software knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, VRED)
3) Design Degree
- Design Degree in relevant Design discipline and previous experience as a Designer in an automotive OEM Colour & materials Studio, or in Colour & Materials for other industries.
- Good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline. Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements.
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff and management and be a good team player Good use of English language and good verbal and visual communication skills.
Candidates are invited to provide any additional supporting literature/portfolio work, if available. All applicants MUST have proof of valid eligibility to work full time in the UK.
For more information about the position, or to submit your CV, please contact Gemma Gregson at Jonathan Lee Design Services - or tel: