Cluster Revenue Manager
Do you share our love for the vibrant world of hospitality and customer service combined?
Few companies offer the sheer breadth of job opportunities we do! As one of the largest managed pub and restaurant companies in the UK, Mitchells & Butlers operate over 1700 pubs and restaurants, with house-hold brand names such as All Bar One, Miller & Carter, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns and many more!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cluster Revenue Manager, to join our friendly Innkeeper’s Lodge & Hotels team, based in Birmingham City Centre on a 6-month fixed term basis. Reporting to the Innkeeper’s Lodge Revenue & Sales Development Manager, your role is to optimise rooms revenue for a defined cluster of lodges through the development of yield and distribution strategies, from system implementation to support of channel specific strategies and business initiatives, and to also maximise and leverage all business opportunities in line with segmentation strategies to grow like for like sales.
Some key objectives for the Cluster Revenue Manager would be:
- Develop revenue management concepts and lead best practice
- Identify new revenue opportunities
- Develop revenues via the Company’s own website
- Maintain and develop relationships with the Online Travel Agents and Distribution Partners
- Work in conjunction with both Marketing and Operations to ensure that revenue strategies are maximised
- Support Marketing in driving promotional activity to support brand and lodge initiatives
- Provide analytical data that supports proposed changes to business strategy
- Monitor targets for production via all selling channels
- Prepare detailed weekly and monthly reports that support the Innkeeper’s Lodges Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Give direction and support the revenue strategy for each lodge within the cluster
- Create and develop pricing strategies that maximise revenue opportunity for the lodges whilst being mindful of the market and potential threats
- Advise and assist in developing and designing targeted marketing promotions that maximise revenue opportunity
- Attend lodge visits, business review meetings plus any other ad hoc meetings as required to advise on revenue strategies
- Responsible for website, PMS, ORS, TPIs and any other selling channel to ensure they are optimised and working to full capacity
- Challenge and where possible reduce the cost of distribution by exploring less expensive routes to market
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis, distribution, pricing and promotional rates, mix management, segmentation analysis, length of stay controls and inventory control by distribution channel
- Support the Operational teams in supplying data that assists with monthly reviews.
- Minimum of 12 month’s experience managing multi property revenue management process in the hospitality industry
- Excellent knowledge of 3rd Party Distribution partners and process, and Interfaces between PMS and TPIs, Guestline Rezlynx and Roomlynx experience desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical
- Diploma or Degree in hotel management preferred
- Trainings or certification in Revenue Management preferred
What we offer: 33% employee discount in all our pubs & restaurants, flexible working, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, 'pickaperk’ employee discounts from 100’s of retailers, childcare vouchers, 26 days’ holiday per year.