Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
The successful candidate will have management experience in a retail or FMCG environment with candidates with a supply chain or logistics background preferred. Educated to degree level, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be familiar with project management and continuous improvement techniques.
Main responsibilities for Logistics Manager:
- Manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants.
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation.
- Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date.
- Carries out initial supplier site assessments for backhaul feasibility and special equipment requirements.
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
- Works with the Warehouse & Distribution Section Managers to communicate and assist in implementing cost saving opportunities where required.
- Manages logistics service providers within contract guidelines.
- Monitors and records logistics service provider performance.
- Conduct logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.
- Check domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorisation.
- Review routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
- Resolve any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the Logistics Director.
- Develop and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
- Carry out visits to suppliers and freight forwarders where necessary.
- Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates.
- Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates ensuring information is up to date.
- Maintain a register of statutory requirements ensuring all information is up to date.
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements in his/her area of responsibility.
- Carries out year-end tasks.
- Calculate and confirm store delivery and backhaul charges.
- Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met on daily basis.
- Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required.
- Liaise with pallet pooling suppliers to coordinate and monitor national requirements.
Please note: due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75470207