Graduate Calibre Design Engineer - Civil / Structural
Role: Graduate Calibre Design Engineer - Civil / Structural
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £Negotiable on experience + Benefits
The responsibilities of Graduate Calibre Design Engineer - Civil / Structural are as follows:
- Experience working with BS5950, BS6399, BS8110, BS5628, BS5268 or alternatively a working knowledge of Eurocodes, especially 1 & 3 would be an advantage).
- Working towards chartered status or already chartered through the IStructE or ICE
- Structural design of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel with knowledge or experience in light gauge steel being an advantage.
- Have commercial awareness
- Be familiar with AutoCad (knowledge of Revit would be an advantage)
- Have the ability to form good working relationships with customers
- Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
- Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
The successful Graduate Calibre Design Engineer - Civil / Structural will have the following skills/experience:
- Management of projects through the design and drawing office.
- Design of medium rise building structures and secondary structural support systems.
- To clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
- Provide technical support and advice to the team of Area Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
- Representing the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
- Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
As the successful Graduate Calibre Design Engineer - Civil / Structural you will join a leading engineering business working on cutting edge projects, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 11863/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .
3DOM Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, 3DOM Recruitment Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.