Finance Administrator - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
We are recruiting for a 6 month fixed term Finance Administrator to support the Contract Finance Managers across the TFM & Technical Sector in achieving minimal WIP (Work in Progress) to be billed to clients and be a part of working towards reducing the order to cash lead time. This entails all Purchase ledger activity to ensure timely processing of supplier invoices and paperwork with the highest level of accuracy.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements received
- Continuous chasing over email /phone for supplier statements for the sector’s
- Reviews of P2P reports to limit overdue invoices
- Communication with our central finance operations centres to ensure all tasks are followed through to payment when receiving Purchase Invoices to be processed.
- Verify invoice accuracy and ensure correct purchase orders, if in-correct to communicate errors to suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve.
- Liaise with site leads and admin staff to verify completion of works/delivery of services in order to financial complete tasks.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal stakeholders over invoice queries
- To monitor and report key supplier statistics at month end, i.e statements reconciled fortnightly/monthly, invoices received, payments made etc.
- Ad hoc reporting and finance duties as requested by the Finance Manager
- Be involved in weekly updates with the finance managers and Finance operations centre to feedback positive news or concerns around supplier list/actions & Activities.
What we are looking for
- There are times when the role is pressurised, but good organisational skills will help to avoid these instances.
- It is essential for the successful candidate to know when it is appropriate to seek advice or authority.
- The successful candidate should ensure that he/she understands all functions and roles of others relevant to that of his/her own.
- Must be motivated, conscientious and be able to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Must be a team player, but have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Must enjoy challenges and the learning of new skills.
- Must be versatile to fit in with a changeable workload.
- Must present a professional image at all times.
- Good communication skills.
- AAT or QBE
- Advanced Excel
- Full time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- 25 days annual leave
- Closing date: 24th August 2017
Additional Job Board Text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75472609