Are you motivated, reliable and enthusiastic? Are you looking for your next career opportunity where you can learn, grow and develop at a brand new site?
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for hard working and dedicated Warehouse Colleagues to join our successful Screwfix contract at our new site due to open November 2017 in Lichfield (Fradley Park).
This is the perfect opportunity to become part of a start up team with a customer that continues to realise its ambitious growth.Role Profile
- Reporting to the Warehouse Team Manager.
- Ensure that a best in class Health, Safety and Environment performance is achieved within the operation and that a culture of safety is embedded in everything we do
- Embed and live the culture of the site and actively participate in developing an open / honest environment.
- You will be an essential and integral part of the successful start up of a new site.
- The role will be very varied to help achieve and excel customer expectations
- You will put the customer experience at the heart of everything you do
- Proactively deliver KPI’ s both productively and accurately to the highest standard
- Promote and encourage the Wincanton for Screwfix charity and community initiatives
- Use of Manual Handling Equipment (full training provided)
- Be willing to learn new skills and prepared to develop further skills (full training provided)
- Excellent benefits include, generous holidays, staff discount, pension scheme, etc.
- Ensures that Health and Safety values and culture are at the centre of everything they do.
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to promote our core values and beliefs
- We are looking to recruit flexible, energetic, motivated team players. Previous warehouse experience and FLT licence holders would be an advantage but not essential.
- Shift patterns will vary especially at the beginning so flexibility is essential this will be discussed more at interview.
- Successful candidates will have a professional & positive approach and be able to work on your own initiative, via procedure.
- A willingness to give and actively participate in ideas to ensure a successful new site.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Screwfix (part of the Kingfisher group) have over 500 Trade Counters as well as a full ecommerce next day service. We operate over 2m sq ft of warehousing and have 2,500 colleagues and 350 trailers dedicated to the contract. Fulfilling multi-channel solutions designed around the customer experience, the growth of the Screwfix business has been 14% year on year.
The Lichfield site will support the existing Stafford operation to provide seamless replenishment of over 3 million units per week to the Trade Counter retail network.Next Steps
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your current CV through //careers.wincanton.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75474181