Job title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £42,000 plus overtime, plus benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Tamworth, Walsall
Hours: Continental style shift pattern
Our client are a specialist manufacturer based in Birmingham. Due to expansion they are now recruiting a Maintenance Electrician.
Overview of the Role:
As part of the production team, the Maintenance Electrician is responsible for ensuring facilities are maintained in line with business requirements, and within budgeted targets. The technician will be part of a flexible Operations team and perform other tasks when required to ensure effective business performance
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Respond to breakdown notifications (GEMs) and perform reactive maintenance activities to ensure equipment is handed over in a safe and operational condition.
- Perform routine PPM and lubrication activities across all plant.
- Document findings and corrective actions required, if they cannot be rectified as part of the PPM.
- Critically review the PPMs with a view to improve their value.
- Perform building machine size changes as and when production require ensuring the equipment is set up to correct specification.
- Any other maintenance activity not within primary role.
Characteristics and Requirements
- City & Guilds apprentice trained, HNC would be advantageous
- Extensive experience within a manufacturing environment
- PLC experience-Allen Bradley- Highly desirable