The Senior Buyer role for the Construction Services organisation requires a strategic focus and category management of a varied mix of indirect services totalling a spend of c£10M.
Michael Page Procurement are currently working with a fantastic Construction Services organisation to find a new Senior Buyer to join their team.
As a Senior Buyer within this Construction Services organisation you will:
- Ensure project requirements are met and best value deals are negotiated to meet and exceed savings targets
- Manage total annual spend typically up to approximately £10 million per annum and higher risk/ complexity
- Develop future plans for own spend areas including savings & delivery, Safety & Sustainability performance targets
- Lead 'multi-disciplinary' source teams through ITT process for contracts over £100k or higher risk to select best supplier
- Negotiate agreements for Project that support on time delivery and meet Safety & Sustainability requirements
- Manage team meetings/ project timescales for source team activities, including communication to stakeholders and decision makers
- Negotiate supplier agreements at bid stage for nominated projects
- Manage compliance with processes and ensure quality standards are maintained across the team(s), recommending improvements where necessary
The successful candidate for this Senior Buyer position will demonstrate the following capabilities;
Category Management knowledge
The ability to set up a source team & run successful tenders/ ITTs
Good understanding of legal frameworks and contract law
Working knowledge of Oracle/ P-cards etc.
The ability to understand customer & business needs, and to prioritise work accordingly
Must be willing to travel between sites
Experience in the Rail, Construction or Manufacturing/ Industrial environment desirable
This role is on offer to candidates up to £40,000 + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75476834