Business Development Manager
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their team based in Birmingham.
Our client provides traditional Logistical solutions to a portfolio of clients, but is now looking to develop additional business to drive further growth within the UK aerospace sector. This surrounds the support of precision engineering supply chains from tier 1 to tier 4. As BDM, you will proactively develop and generate additional profitable aerospace revenue streams and carry out the full range of activities associated with business development within this sector.
They are currently looking for an energetic Business Development Manager to spearhead aerospace growth using two of their prestigious clients Rolls Royce and UTC.
Responsibilities of theirBusiness Development Manager
- Identify strategic growth through the development of both existing and new; market, customers.
- Building and maintaining high level relationships with both existing and new customers in order to develop and achieve sales growth.
- Visiting customers to create and develop relationships, make sales presentations, negotiations and regular sales reviews.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline of potential sales and ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately documented and kept up-to-date.
- Win sales and orders, obtain new contracts, meet (and exceed) sales targets and profit and growth objectives.
- Lead and coordinate successful negotiations with customers.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships, maintaining contact with them and arranging and attending meetings as required.
- Work closely with Contract Management to ensure customers receive an effective handover from sales/business development to day to day running of the account
Ideal skills needed to become their Business Development Manager
- Aerospace logistics experience is essential ideally gained in a 3rd party logistics environment having served for a world leading supply chain company
- Excellent financial understanding
- Stable work history
- Experienced Sales Manager
- Having an understanding of engineering would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of lean principles and associated practice would be useful
Benefits of working for them
- Basic salary plus commission
- Car allowance
- Phone & Laptop
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Sick pay up to 10 days p.a.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as their Business Development Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75472640