Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Due to a significant business expansion the opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant role with a major customer within the Retail Sector. The role will be based at our flagship site in Stafford.Role Profile
- Reporting to the Assistant Accountant
- As a key member of the contracts’ finance team, will provide support to the Site Accountant & Assistant Accountant in controlling all aspects of the Finance function ensuring accurate and timely reporting both to Screwfix and Wincanton:
- Assist in the preparation of Customer weekly accounts and KPI's including open book reconciliations for review and consolidation
- Support the Assistant Accountant in completion of Wincanton weekly and month end accounts
- Support the Assistant Accountant in completion of Wincanton month end balance sheets and open book reconciliations
- Assist with data gathering to support the collation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Support the Assistant Accountant with the Wincanton purchasing process
- Work along side the Finance & HR Assistant to support payroll & TA functions, particularly during peak periods
- Support cover of Finance & HR Assistant & Assistant Accountant when required (holidays etc)
- Experience within a finance environment and/ commenced first stage AAT desirable
- Developed numerical and literacy skills are essential
- Good PC skills with particular emphasis on excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop effective relationships within the finance & site teams
- An enthusiastic, self motivated individual
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
If you believe you match the requirements for this exciting and challenging role please apply online. For queries regarding the role please contact or
Closing Date; Friday 18th August 2017.
Internal Applicants; please inform your Manager if you wish to apply for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75474180