The fabricators will support operations teams by performing necessary breakdown repairs, leading preventative maintenance activity and facilitating the promotion of fabrication and engineering solutions for process improvement to ensure process availability and productivity are optimised.
- Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost.
- Adhere to the preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided.
- Through utilisation of the SHIRE system ensure engineering spares and inventory on site are managed within budget constraints and equipment downtime is minimised.
- Deliver training to operators in order they are able to understand and implement basic maintenance activities facilitating optimum productivity.
- Procure and manage contract resource to ensure prompt and cost effective recovery from breakdown.
- Facilitate optimal performance by working flexibly within the team and the context of the site, undertaking maintenance at short notice.
- Ensure that own and team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner which fully complies with CD UK & I Health & Safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
- To perform fabrication tasks from engineering drawings using various welding techniques.
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful application should have served an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering/welding and possess at least one of the following: City & Guilds welding skills plus certificate in engineering levels 1 to 3 or BTEC Diploma in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering or EAL Award in welding.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in all welding competences such as Arc/stick welding, TIG, MIG, gas welding/cutting and brazing.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate. The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75474263