Service Manager - International Family Tracing
Service Manager - International Family Tracing
Part time 21 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: GBP 21,299 - GBP 24,494 (pro rata)
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join the British Red Cross International Family Tracing (IFT) team.
The International Family Tracing (IFT) Service Manager, will be based in an IFT region and report directly to the International Family Tracing Operations Manager. The Service Manager will have responsibility for our operational activity particularly within service delivery points in their area The post holder will be responsible for: the delivery of organisational and contractual service outcomes; ensuring implementation of British Red Cross (BRC) policies and procedures in relation to HR, finance and health and safety; line management of a team of staff; managing a budget, income and expenditure monitoring; programme and project development, including working with the fundraising team to attract restricted funding; management and implementation of partnerships; working with statutory and voluntary agencies to develop onward referral mechanisms and joint approaches to meeting service users' needs and sharing of expertise and resources.
In conjunction with the IFT Operations Manager, the Service Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining safe, high quality, needs-led services in their geographical responsibility. The post holder will also have responsibilities for collating and analysing service data for monitoring, reporting and evaluating purposes as well as to support BRC advocacy work will be a key part of the role, as will promoting the service and raising awareness of International Family Tracing service
The main responsibilities of post will include:
- Performance and resource management for International Family Tracing activity
- Service delivery
- People and culture management and support
- Service User inclusion
- Relationship management
- Risk management
- Funding development
About the team
The role of Service Manager - International Family Tracing sits within the Refugee Support and Restoring Family Links directorate.
For people in crisis, as a result of their migration status, in need of protection, displaced and often having experienced family loss and separation our Refugee Support and Restoring Family Links team will deliver on our unique position and responsibility as part a truly global humanitarian organisation, present at every stage on the migratory trail to:
- Reduce destitution and exploitation
- Restore family links and facilitate reunion
- Challenge stigma and build inclusion
- Ensure protection and empower people to make positive decisions to regain control of their lives
We will do this by mobilising the power of humanity through three distinct vehicles for change - advocacy, service delivery and by creating the right environment. We will engage with our service users and use their experience and evidence to inform our development and delivery and will seek out opportunities to build productive alliances across the UK, wider movement and beyond to enable delivery on our mission at the earliest opportunity.
Through collaboration, we will achieve:
- The definition and delivery of a distinct core service offer
- Ensure greater accessibility and Service User inclusion
- Policy change through effective advocacy
- Key alliances and public understanding
- Increased restricted / grant funding
- Improved wellbeing and development opportunities for our people
About the person
We welcome applications from candidates who feel that have the skills, experience and knowledge stated on the attached job description, including:
- Educated to A level (or equivalent by experience)
- Demonstrable awareness of current affairs, world geography and cultural affairs, including current and past conflict situations
- Ability to collate, interpret and report on a range of management information, including statistical information and user feedback
- Ability to maintain accurate records, file management and has meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to the development and achievement of operation plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including tact/diplomacy, conflict resolution skills, a facilitative/consultative approach
- Management experience that includes general management in a multi-disciplinary team supporting vulnerable people
- Experience of identifying service needs, and exploiting and developing service opportunities
- Understanding of managing and developing services, including casework experience of working with clients who have experienced trauma
- Managing teams through change and monitoring and evaluating programmes of work in response to identified service user needs
[Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.]
Closing date for applications is (23:59), Wednesday, 23st August 2017.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview week commencing 28th August/ 5th September 2017.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting reference REQ000001WF
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75463823