Highways England is the new government owned company responsible for driving forward our motorways and major A roads. This includes; modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done.
Certainty of funding and greater flexibility will enable us to become a better business. In our first 5 years alone, we'll invest £11 billion in motorways and A roads - boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
We have an opportunity for a Change Manager to be based in Birmingham. This role will be responsible for supporting the Programme Change Lead and the Head of Risk and Change Management in delivering best practice change management, ensuring compliance with Highways England programme change management processes, tools, documentation and reporting. We are looking for a skilled and experienced candidate change and project management methodology and techniques.
Day to day
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with PMO colleagues and programme and project management teams
- Implement the programme change management strategy and management plan across projects
- Ensure project changes are managed through project and programme governances when required
- Identify and report common trends in change and early warnings across projects and raise programme level change requests/ early warnings to manage them collectively
- Implement and maintain a requirements management approach for projects; to ensure that project baselines are clearly controlled, understood and documented
- Provide change management advice and support to project teams in compliance with the programme change management plan
- Implement and maintain a system for managing issues across the projects, ensuring that potential impacts of issues are properly understood
- Degree held in a relevant subject with professional accreditation in project planning and control or a minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience
- Experience of working in a complex programme and project environment
- Previously developed and implemented change governance and management processes at project and programme levels
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes
- Skilled and experienced in project and programme management methodology and techniques (APM, PRINCE2, MSP)
- Experience of capturing, analysing and reporting change management information at project and programme levels
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75460659