Senior Manager - Regulatory Compliance, Commercial Banking UK
Some careers open more doors than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively handles a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Manager - Regulatory Compliance, Commercial Banking UK.
In this role, you will:
- Provide timely, balanced and accurate compliance advice and support to the business
- Be proactive in engaging with senior stakeholders to oversee and contribute to effective governance processes and robust customer-orientated risk management
- Line manage of a number of direct reports to ensure team operate as 'best in class'
- Lead regulatory and discretionary change programmes
- Conduct day to day interactions with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other regulatory bodies, as appropriate
- Close collaboration with other Regulatory Compliance professionals with the UK and region to ensure consistency in approach and cohesiveness
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Degree or equivalent level of industry and technical experience
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU regulatory requirements related to commercial or retail banking (e.g. SYSC, BCOBS, PSR, FCA Principles for Businesses)
- Knowledge of compliance best practice
- Consistent track record in advisory or business facing support roles
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009HFP.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75459585