Demob Job Reference: J3122
Job Title: Worldwide Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £Negotiable depending on experience + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a leading provider of installation and maintenance services within their industry. They provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious client base across the UK and worldwide. Due to continued development and expansion they now have a requirement for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will travel extensively worldwide and will commission and service the company’s products to the required standards and to schedule. Due to the amount of travel required for the role, candidates must be flexible and willing to stay away from home.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME/Avionics), Navy (Weapons/Marine) or Royal Air Force (RAF/Avionics/Ground Technician), with a strong electrical engineering background are encouraged to apply.
- Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will liaise with colleagues and sub-contractors to electrically commission the company products to the required safety and quality standards and to schedule.
- Commission and test machinery.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Commissioning products to meet customer order schedules.
- Provide service support in order to maximise the availability of the customer’s equipment.
- Provide and complete all necessary service documentation accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Proven Electrical background is essential for this role.
- Strong hands-on experience in an electrical engineering environment with an understanding of electrical installations and commissioning experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PLC’s.
- Strong technical background.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to travel worldwide.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- £Negotiable depending on experience.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Overnight allowances when working away from home.
- Pension Scheme.
- Travel Insurance.
- PPE, uniform, mobile phone.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment.