Payroll Assistant required for a permanent role based in Solihull. You will report to the HR Manager where your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non taxable wages
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manage the Nest pensions process
The ideal candidates will have previous payroll experience and knowledge of payroll compliance. The ideal candidate will be experienced in Sage Payroll 50 and have good knowledge of pensions schemes. Experience in Nest Pensions is an advantage. Excellent telephone manner, good communication skills and a positive attitude are essential.
This is a permanent role for a growing business. Car parking is provided and working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm (30 minutes lunch break).