Senior Java Web Application Developer
Full Time, Permanent
Solihull, West Midlands
To design and develop high quality software functionality for a leading online CRM solution within clear timescales.
Due to growth of their cloud products for business, our client is looking to hire a new Java developer with a great work ethic, attitude and excellent experience building commercial applications.
Our client offers a suite of software products used by 1000s of SMEs every day to run their business. Their software helps customers manage their business.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy working in a team and want to help build world-class products, we'd like to hear from you.
- Design and build world-class product features
- Work on a world-class product suite
- Leverage the latest software and hardware technologies
- Investigate and solve problems under pressure in live environments
- Adapt to customer-driven deadlines and an evolving roadmap
- Work within a team of 8 developers and testers
- Work closely with innovation, customer solutions and support teams
- Minimum 8 years commercial development experience
- Minimum 4 years Java development experience
- Minimum 4 years web development experience
- Excellent back-end development skills, including Java
- Excellent database development skills, including MySQL or MSSQL
- Experience using version control systems, e.g. SVN
- Good software architectural design skills and a high attention to detail
- Experience of an Agile development process
- Positive and flexible attitude with the ability to efficiently manage your time
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working as a team towards deadlines
- Knowledge and/or experience using React and Redux
- Knowledge of JS frameworks including Backbone, Handlebars or NodeJS
- Knowledge of testing frameworks including JUnit, Mocha or Selenium
- Proven UI design skills
- Experience of business process software e.g. CRM/MIS/ERP
- Experience synchronising data between multiple products or the web
- Experience of third-party system integration
- Experience of message queues/AMQP
- Experience of NIX and/or server maintenance