Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit a number of BIW Technicians for an immediate start date.
You will be working alongside a group of skilled Engineers & Technicians helping to develop and perfect the construction of prototype vehicles to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives. By using your mechanical and technical skills you will assist in early stage prototype fabrication and process refinement in a state of the art facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in following process documents which include load sequence, sealing runs and joint information.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of using hand held and air powered tools
- Experience of using self-piercing rivets (SPR) guns & equipment
- Experience of using spot weld guns & equipment
- Experience of working with precision components
- MIG / TIG Welding
- Basic fitting skills/techniques
- Basic sheet metal fabrication
- Ability to work as a team member and follow work instructions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications in an automotive discipline is desirable
- Good engineering background essential
- Experience of previous BIW assembly work is desirable
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
- Flexible attitude towards location as travel between sites may be required
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.00am-3.30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee