Sales Consultant - Queslett, Birmingham
Hours Offered: 20.5 hrs per week
- Are you looking at building your career with the world’s leading foreign exchange specialist?
- Are you looking for a permanent role?
- Do you have excellent Customer Service and Sales skills?
- Are you able to work well independently?
- If so, we want to hear from you!
Travelex is the world’s largest foreign exchange specialist, with over 700 branded retail branches, across airports and tourist locations in over 30 countries. As a business we sell banknotes and other foreign exchange and travel related products and services to individuals travelling for business and leisure purposes.
To know more about our company, visit www.travelex.co.uk
The Travel Money Advisor, known externally as a Sales Consultant/ Foreign Exchange Consultant is the driving force of the business, you will be dealing face to face with your customers, assisting them to buy and sell foreign exchange, all whilst providing your clients with exceptional customer service.
It will involve the following:
- Handle foreign exchange transactions for customers
- Maximize store revenue by up-selling and cross-selling
- Meet sales targets and deliver excellent customer service
- Perform cash handling accurately
- Adhering to operational and compliance regulations
- Working on shift patterns which can vary 7 days a week and you will have a certain degree of flexibility to meet our business needs.
Our travel money bureaus are much like a 'small business within a big business’. You will have the autonomy to work independently in the bureau.
To Be Successful for this role, you will need:
- Minimum of one year of Retail Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- GCSE - maths grade C or above & good Numeracy skills (you will need to pass a numeracy test)
- Be self-motivated and energetic
- Ability to work autonomously and independently , as well as the ability to work in isolation with very little team interaction
- Be able to provide a checkable student/work history, plus clear credit and criminal record checks.
In return we will offer you:
- £8.00 per hour + commissions *subject to terms and conditions of our bonus scheme
- Comprehensive training on Foreign Exchange operation
- Career development within a global company
- Up to 25 Days Holiday (pro rata),
- Option to buy or Sell Holiday Entitlement
- Discounts and Cash Back Offers with 1000s of Retailers & Staff Canteen Discount,
- Vouchers for Eye care & childcare
- Health insurance & Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory Pension Scheme