CHP Service Engineer
Quality Personnel is recruiting for a CHP Service Engineer to join a thriving Gas engine CHP & Generator business, in an industry with a substantial future. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced but energetic person with time served on the tools. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight time frames. A practical and Mechanical/Electrical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. North of England working from home, a location to store parts and fluids will be provided.Your position would be within the service department, reporting to the CHP Service Operations
Service & Maintenance:
Travelling all-round the UK, using your engineering and computer skills to carry out routine servicing work on: a range of CHP’s in the range of 30kW - 400kW size range. This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you would be the first-responder to a breakdown on site. This part of the role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
Experience and Qualifications Essential:
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a CHP service engineer or similar role.
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps
• inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap.
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke
engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT/Broadband Network knowledge
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
• Already own electrical & mechanical tool kit
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel, based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
*** Quality Personnel celebrating 30 years’ of excellence (1987-2017) ***
Specialists in Permanent, Contract & Temporary Recruitment, covering; Industrial, Office, Technical & Engineering.
Please note we can only respond to successful candidates. Quality Personnel acting as an Employment Agency & Business.
To keep up-to-date with all of our vacancies please follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and sign-up for job alerts on our own website.