GENERAL MANAGER - c£55k Car Excellent Benefits - WEST MIDLANDS - URGENT
c£55k + Car + Excellent Benefits
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.c o.uk or join us on twitter at twitter.co m/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading 3PL in the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a General Manager, to be based at their multi-temperature site in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Operations Director, you will take full accountability, providing direction to attain control and monitor all temperature controlled departments / shifts to ensure the completion of all daily functions fully, safely and accurately in compliance with the company H&S Procedures / Safety and Working Procedures & to maintain the team relationship within the depot and the company’s centralised functions.
• To direct, monitor and control all Shift and Department Managers in the performance of their allocated functions. Ensure that targets and standards are achieved and procedures followed as specified in their Job Descriptions.
• Ensure the completion of all auditable functions / records required by the Company such as Health and Safety Compliance and to audit paperwork for the depot to ensure compliance from first line management and to raise awareness of the food safety system (HACCP) throughout the site.
• Ensure proper and correct use of the Warehouse Management Systems and regularly run reports and checks to monitor site performance. Deliver and explain results to Shift Managers and equivalents as required through regular meetings and briefings.
• Ensure the stock administration function operates to customer driven specifics and all work is undertaken in a timely manner to satisfactory standards for our site based key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• To ensure that discipline procedures are followed as required by the company and those records are maintained accurately and correspondence with the HR department is accurate and failsafe.
• You should provide a safe workplace environment without risk to health, ensuring all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are communicated and adhered to.
• You will maintain a proactive approach towards all H&S orientated issues and always endeavour to improve and maintain a positive health & safety culture.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Previous experience of managing large teams within a temperature controlled distribution function
• Able to demonstrate an excellent ability to monitor and control costs & maximize operational efficiency
• A leader, who is able to support and engage their team, offering coaching and motivation to others
• You will be able to lead your teams though a combination of KPIs and hands-on presence, helping the operation to drive through continuous improvement.
Moreover you will be able to display excellent commercial and financial acumen.
This role offers a defined career path within the company and is one not to be missed!
Apply now for immediate consideration