This is an excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a global manufacturing business at their Birmingham site. The business supplies into a wide range of industry sectors including, but not limited to, aerospace and defence and the role will be focused around ensuring the traceability of all products through correct documentation and building upon Quality Assurances processes on site.
Our client is a global manufacturer supplying into a wide range of industrial manufacturing sectors. The business is now looking for an additional Quality Engineer to join their QA department and the successful candidate will have particular strengths in quality documentation and QMS.
- Liaison with external auditors from customer, making sure that certification and documentation are compliant with product specifications
- Create traceability documentation for all relevant products
- Quality control procedures through non-conformance reports, corrective actions and rejections
- Provide support with inspection processes
- Assist with complex customer technical enquiries
- Adhere to and maintain quality standards
- Undertake internal audits in accordance with established QMS procedures, AS 9100, AS9210 & specific customer requirements
- Provide support in maintaining ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 accreditations
- Handling of customer complaints
- Supplier non-conformance handling - corrective action / rejection etc.
- Support to Goods Receiving/Inspection personnel.
- Validation & loading of incoming materials.
The successful Quality Engineer will demonstrate the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality documentation
- A sound understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Background in aerospace or defence would be preferrable
- Comprehensive understanding of containment action
- Competent with Root Cause Analysis and corrective action procedures
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- Strong mechanical engineering background
Salary from £30,000 - £35,000 DOE + benefits