Futura Design Ltd - An Automotive Recruitment & Design Agency, based in the heard of the Midlands.
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for a Senior Buyer based in Whitley on an initial 6 months contract.
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Salary / Hourly Rate: £23 - 27 per hour
Date posted: 27/07/2017
Type of Contract: Contract
Below is a brief description of what the role entails:
The Delivery Buyer will manage a highly transactional commodity area covering both employee and retailer training services, in the UK and globally. The successful candidate would work alongside the Category/Strategy Buyer to deliver a mixture of tactical and operational Purchasing tasks, based on NPPs 8 Step Purchasing process:
1. Internal Assessment 2. Market Assessment 3. Identify/Qualify Suppliers 4. Set strategy 5. Solicit supplier bids / RFx 6. Negotiate/Form contract 7. Contract Management 8. SRM This will involve working with internal company stakeholders and supplier representatives to implement and manage relevant contracts and to agree Purchasing strategies that deliver value for money and fit for purpose solutions.
The candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role ;
- Strategy - Provide feedback into the Strategy Buyer, with insights from delivery.
- Sourcing - Responsible for delivering sourcing of local/regional suppliers in line with SCP. Responsible for Regional/Local one off purchase sourcing and order placement where language, local market intelligence, cultural aspects, or systems require Delivery Buyer to carry out.
- Develop the optimal supplier base consistent with the SCPs Manage numerous stakeholders and determine best fit procurement route per project.
- Engage closely with key stakeholders to maximise Purchasing influence and ensure alignment with Purchasing processes and policy.
- Contract Management and SRM - Management of existing contracts, and development of more efficient ways of handling high transactional volume. Responsible for working with Stakeholders and Finance to operate the contract management governance, change management, issue resolution. Responsible for ensuring the Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Management processes are carried out effectively for their category where: - the responsibility for Contract Mgt and SRM has been handed over from the Strategic Buyer. - contracts are managed locally in Region. Deliver annual value added savings.
- Professionally qualified with a proven track record in a purchasing environment
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship management skills and experience
- Professional Services back-ground desirable but not mandatory
- An excellent negotiator with a proven track record of successful commercial negotiations
- Able to manage and execute a high volume of projects on time and in budget
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers/customers
- Ability to be highly organised and continually focus on attention to detail
- A commercial understanding of terms and conditions and ability to negotiate them (with the support of OGC)
Must be an EU Citizen to be able to apply for this role.