Junior Software Tester
A dynamic and fast growing software development and IT services company that creates software products and BI solutions, using current Microsoft development tools and techniques are looking for a Junior Software Tester. You would be responsible for day-to-day testing of prioritised change through Agile.
Job Title: Junior Software Tester
Salary: Up to £20K + a Generous Benefits Package
Working as an integrated member of the team, you will work closely with the QA Lead and QA Manager to help shape testing practices and ensure quality is at the heart of the product. You will be responsible for ensuring that development work meets specifications and is delivered to the highest quality within the sprint timelines.
- Participate with the team in Agile planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Develop and contribute estimates of testing effort to estimation meetings for backlog items
- Understand business requirements, specifications and acceptance criteria; review for quality and testability
- Collaborate with Developers, Product Owners, end users and others
- Design tests under own direction
- Produce/update regressing test packs
- Identify areas for improvement of product quality and sprint outcomes
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be able to establish and maintain a strong profile within an Agile team, with an awareness and understanding of structured testing techniques and how to apply them. Further experience of using Selenium and Appium test automation tools would be desirable, as would be testing API’s and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
Celebrating 25 years of successful recruitment within IT, Technical and Engineering disciplines, our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.