Master Production Scheduler
Master Production Scheduler
Shift: Monday - Thursday 7:30 - 16:15pm
Friday 7:30 - 11:30am
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 pa
Start date: ASAP (22/05/17)
We are currently recruiting for a master production scheduler for a leading Aerospace company based in Shrewsbury. They produce military, civil aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine, machined and fabricated casings, machined rings, honeycomb rings, segmented rings, compression blades, turbine vanes, combustion liners and engine assemblies.
Work with Sales and Production Management to develop and manage forecast for long range material planning whilst considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity. To own and maintain SIOP and Site KPI’s.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Identify and implement system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable
overall business process improvement.
• Further develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and
• Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
• Analyse inventory levels and production demands to determine re-order levels and safety stocks that
will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs?
• Drive, promote and develop positive communication with Marketing and Sales to improve
• Develop and maintain Forecast, master schedule and procurement plan based on history,
seasonality and sales opportunities.
• Review and update forecast, production schedules and material requirements.
• Support new product development through cooperative scheduling of model introductions, end of
life and prototype processing with the potential suppliers
• Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to
impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
• Participate in the evaluation of quotations from our contracted manufacturers to assure all
pertinent information is available to analyse for best possible price, quality and supply services to
meet our strategic needs for the product life.
• Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of
new BOM’s and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
• Work cooperatively with the Sourcing Engineer, Inventory Specialist and Contract Manufacturers
to implement Pre-Engineering Change Orders for products or projects not yet released.
• Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities
that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan.
• Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with Contract
Manufacturers, Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes
• Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
• Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
• Other duties as needed.
Nature & Scope:
• Work closely with Buyers, Inventory Planners and Contract Manufacturers to determine the
appropriate levels of safety stock for Finished goods and components to minimize lead times.
• Assist others with migrating new or existing business to suppliers, as needed.
• Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs.
• Experience with Purchasing/Materials tools (MRP, Inventory analysis, part or supplier profiles).
• Proven people skills required, must be able to work with others while effectively handling
• Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal).
• Organizational and problem solving skills required.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of Master Scheduling experience or Supply Chain Management with applicable coursework and certifications.
• Experience in analysis and negotiation of costed bills of materials to formulate a fair and ethical
• Experience with Product Development and understanding of product life cycles
• APICS certification
- EFACS Super User would be most beneficial
If you are interested in the position, then please contact Sam Kerby @ Am2Pm Recruitment or apply online with your most recent CV.