Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
£35k - £40k DOE
Wealmoor is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, we specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. We are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that we can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
Wealmoor are now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager r to join our team in Atherstone on Stour.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manger are as follows:
- To ensure that Quality Manual and Good Manufacturing Practice is maintained.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improvement of BRC, TFMS, HACCP and Operational Hygiene and Safety practices inconjunction with TM at both sites.
- To implement Positive Release Systems from the Pack House, To lead the team using excellent communication techniques and team meetings.
- To assess methods of Positive Release to continuously improve output & cost reduction.
- To measure and record all operation K.P.Is onto the business data capture system, Ensure all practices are conducted within the business technical parameters, and produce high quality reports.
- To achieve an in depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to season, variety and origin.
- To achieve an in depth knowledge of customer quality requirements and specifications.
- To ensure the quality of products supplied to the Company fully meets procurement specifications and clearly communicate to technical and commercial departments in a timely manner when products do not meet said requirements.
- To be able to clearly and confidently communicate with all levels within the Company on quality control related issues.
- To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing and quality through to final delivery to ensure that customer specifications are strictly adhered to. Action and report any non-compliance’s to the appropriate personnel.
- To ensure all products meet the appropriate temperature regimes from receipt of product at site.
- To maintain the appropriate documentation as set out in the Company Quality Assurance Manual.
- To effectively monitor the condition and suitability of stock held in stores and to highlight any changes.
- To gain a working knowledge of the principle of cold chain and the maintenance of such a regime within the Company.
- To be aware of the Food Safety Act and it’s implications regarding the operation of the business.
- To ensure that good working practice is maintained at all times within the packing environment in accordance with our Company health and safety policy and that our statutory and customer requirements are met in full.
- To provide an effective service to the Procurement & Sales and Technical Departments in all matters pertaining to product quality and food safety.
- To attend and participate in QC team meetings.
- Monitor training needs for the QC team and maintain working rota.
- Monitor asses and communicate grower performance on a regular basis to both commercial and technical colleagues through formal reports.
- Support and engage in the needs of the TM’s following up requests and customer quality issues (rejections) with written responses supported by appropriate documentation and agree actions to prevent further issues with technical and commercial colleagues for both sites for all customers.
- Build up strong relationships and understanding with customer counterparts through regular communication and depot visits.
- Build, motivate and manage a team.
To be considered for the Quality Assurance Manager role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to QCF level 5 - 6l in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agricultural Based Discipline.
- Experience in a production environment or agricultural/ Growing environment
- At least two years of practical experience of supervisory or management responsibility.
- Experience of a FMCG environment is essential.
- Experience of building, maintaining and managing HACCP systems.
- Thorough understanding of crop cycles, characteristics and varieties.
- Excellent computer skills.
If you feel you are suitable for the Quality Assurance Manager position, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75271257