Science Technician - Northfield
SMART Education are recruiting for a Science Technician to work at an OUTSTANDING school in Northfield within a very welcoming and supportive department.
• Implementation and dissemination of all appropriate H & S legislation and guidance with respect to science education, including C.O.S.H.H
• To ensure that statutory safety regulations and safe practice is complied with, relating to teacher/technician skills qualifications, and student involvement in the classrooms and workshops.
• Daily and weekly laboratory servicing, termly inspections and annual clean • Practical preparation, including materials, equipment, stock ,standard solutions and specimens
• Setting up, testing and demonstrating practical equipment to ensure that Students gain the most from the scientific experience
• Recovery of residues, and safe disposal in accordance with legislation
• Care of animals and specimens for observational and experimental purposes
• Liaising with teaching staff to develop new practical ideas and advise on schemes of work
• Developing new systems in the laboratories and prep rooms to improve the technical support service
• To plan, advise and help organise with the technical team the move to the new Academy buildings
• Maintain records of books within the department and those issued
• Liaise with suppliers to obtain the highest quality for the best price.
• Maintaining a thorough stock control and order system
• Ensuring an up to date chemical database exists
• Operating laboratory documentation systems including organisation of work sheets, filing, hazard data and legal records.
• To help organise lessons if the teacher(s) are absent.
• To use flexible time responsibly and to be punctual and maintain a high level of attendance.
START DATE: September
HOURS: Full Time
CONTRACT: 6 week absence cover in the first instance
For more information please call and speak to Fiona today!