Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst
Do you enjoy supporting and challenging operational teams with an aim of increasing performance? Are you a confident Management Accountant or Finance Analyst and looking to join a big business offering a wealth of business partnering experience?
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting a large organisation in South Birmingham with the recruitment of a Senior Finance Analyst. The business is a well-established household name that looks to bring in top talent and then progress them through the business. This will include moves from commercial Finance to something more technical ensuring that you are being developed to become a future FD.
Senior Finance Analyst responsibilities:
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting, and understanding of key performance metrics.
- Influencing the teams to capitalise on opportunities and minimise potential threats by identifying and highlighting trends, and understanding longer term impacts of commercial decisions.
- Financial ownership of costs and capital spend for the above areas (highlighting areas of concern and proposals for increasing profitability)
- Monthly Board submission on performance with supporting commentary and management action.
- Ensure strong Commercial Finance presence at the weekly Exec Team Sales Meeting
- Preparation of monthly sales and margin targets for individual centres and regions.
- Provide a strong Commercial Finance presence at Monthly Operations Meetings and Divisional Meetings
- Provision of pricing analysis and recommendations for both existing and new Fleet customers, with responsibility for Finance Review of pricing decisions (including tender documents)
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and medium term financial plans for the Fleet element of the Business.
- Ensuring all customers rebate agreements are documented and the calculation of accruals in relation to these agreements.
- Calculation of monthly/quarterly Fleet account manager bonuses.
- Ensure strong Commercial Finance presence at Property Meetings
- Complete and evaluate trials analysis
- Provide commercial and financial support and challenge to other projects on an ad hoc basis
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting, highlighting opportunities and risks to the Directors to ensure the strategy is in line with overall Business objectives.
- Participate in the 5-year plan by using insight and commercial knowledge to drive out appropriate sales and margin outlook.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to the wider finance team as required.
- Oversee and provide quality control for the team’s outputs, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Play a leading part in driving the development agenda within the wider finance team.
Is the Senior Finance Analyst role right for me?
The business are looking for a confident ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified Accountant to join the team and can offer a variety of progression throughout the group. The role would suit an individual who is confident analysing data and providing detailed reports with their findings but may be missing business partnering exposure or want to take on more ownership.
Senior Finance Analyst will offer:
- £40,000 - £45,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75105008