Systems Integration & Test Engineer Signalling/Rail
Systems Integration and Test Engineer (Signalling/Rail)
Circa £40 - £50/hour
6 Month Initial Contract
Monday to Friday - 37 hours
Systems Integration Engineer required for an immediate start on a 6-month initial contract, the client is exceptionally busy and has the capacity for an extension for the right individual.
The role would suit a Systems Integration Engineer with a relevant degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, etc) or work experience with a minimum of a HNC in a related engineering discipline. You will have experience of Development and delivery of complex software intensive control systems and of Software testing and development.
This role requires an experienced engineer to work within the systems and testing teams of a large engineering department. This would be working with the on-board signalling systems on a new platform in the rolling stock sector.
You will be expected to produce and develop test procedures as well as transform these into automated test scripts. You will also be working in a state of the art testing rig which you will need to set you and develop in order to support your work. Therefore, strong fault finding skills would be essential. You will be involved in the hands on testing and subsequent analysis of results and system behaviour.
Some travel may be required to the track testing facilities in Leicestershire.
Systems Integration Engineer Role:
- Produce and develop test procedures
- Create automated test scripts
- Hands on testing and analysis
Essential Systems Integration Engineer Requirements:
- Relevant degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, etc) or work experience with a minimum of a HNC in a related engineering discipline
- Development and delivery of complex software intensive control systems
- Software testing and development
- Test automation
Advantageous Systems Integration Engineer Requirements:
- Rolling stock/Rail experience
- Understanding of the functional working of the systems and their interaction with other subsystems
- Knowledge of RTSIM Software would be advantageous
- Familiarity with on-board signalling systems such as CBTC and ETCS
- Knowledge of legacy systems such as AWS/TPWS
- Knowledge of railway operations
- Working knowledge with ERA Standards
- Knowledge of relevant railway standards