Team Leader - Children's Services
TEAM LEADERS - CHILDREN'S SERVICE IN WORCESTERSHIRE
GBP10.10 per hour, GBP62.50 per sleep in, 2 days on 4 days off shift pattern
We are seeking experienced Team Leaders to join our welcoming new team at Hidelow, our brand new specialist Children's Service on the Herefordshire / Worcestershire border.The service is easily commutable from Bromyard, Leominster, Worcester, Hereford, Malvern and surrounding areas.
We provide Young People aged between 8-18 years with practical, therapeutic and emotional care and support, enabling them to lead as ordinary lives as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts, including bank holidays, weekends and sleep ins - for full time positions we work on a 2 days on, 4 days off basis. You will also possess a QCF / NVQ Level 3 qualification in Children & Young People's Workforce in order to hit the ground running.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* Career progression path within the company
* Competitive rates of pay
* Employee Assistance Helpline
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Retail discount vouchers
* We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
* Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
* DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To follow the placement plan of each Young Person, supporting them through daily routines and providing the appropriate care and support required
* To assist in the day-to-day running of the home, ensuring a high level of safety and homeliness
* To encourage and support Young People in expressing their views, assisting them to develop appropriate behaviour through the use of encouragement, praise and rewards
* To follow therapeutic plans and strategies, attending daily education with the Young Person
* Operating within CareTech's policies and procedures to ensure that we provide a positive living experience for all Young People
* To maintain effective communication and liaison with Young People, their families and others whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
* To support Young People with the preparation of meals, activities, cleaning and social events
* To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
* To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
* To promote equal opportunities for all Young People
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
* Possess an NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People's Workforce
* Experience in supporting Young People with complex behaviours, or worked within a similar environment
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents, and to enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child in the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.