Central Support Night Shift Operator - Same Day
Within Storage, Fashion and Solutions we have an exciting opportunity for a new Operator to join our hugely successful and highly effective Same Day team. You will play a vital role in ensuring we provide our customers with exceptional service and that we are operating effectively across a very diverse customer portfolio.
You will be required to perform a number of duties across the operations function. You will be working in a busy environment answering incoming calls from our customers and you will be required to data enter Same Day bookings onto the system whilst selling the most optimum services to meet the customers needs.
A key requirement of the role will be to manage our owner driver supplier base to ensure we are providing our customers with the best possible service and ensuring that bookings are allocated speedily and that collection and delivery deadlines are met. Planning of resource to meet customer requirements is an essential part of the role to ensure that we provide the right level of customer service at the optimum cost.
Our Same Day business also provides services to a number of major customers and the ability to assist in the operation of larger scale contacts will also be critical. This will involve ensuring that each contract is fully resourced, that every subcontractor is aware of the contractual requirements and that we are always operating to the highest possible standards to ensure that we continue to build strong relationships and retain these strategically important customers.
Other responsibilities will also include:
- Ensure the effective performance of the Operation in line with divisional and customer targets
- Maximise all operational resources to ensure that all collections and deliveries are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure that all company KPIs are met and exceeded
- Ensure that supplier costs are managed
- Ensure that all suppliers promote a professional image to all TNT customers
- Responsible for the resolution of any and all complaints / issues raised by the client
- Ensure all contracts within your remit perform to the highest level of service and operational / security compliance
- Exceed contractual SLAs and internal KPIs through a process of regular checks and review
- Ensure the adequate communication of information to all sub-contractors/ suppliers
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage suppliers effectively
- PC literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise busy workload
- Flexible approach to work