Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer - Stoke on Trent GBP35,000 a year
Working in a manufacturing environment experience essential.
- Report directly to the H&S Manager assisting to ensure a safe working environment across the business, providing support and guidance as necessary.
- Work in close partnership with production management to ensure a safe working environment within workshop, overseeing activities where required.
- Ensure risk assessments and safe systems of work are developed, monitored and embedded for workshop activities.
- Conduct QHSE audits in accordance with Company Audit and Inspection plans, designed to measure the level of compliance with both legislative and Company requirements.
- Ensure that all findings from audits and inspections are communicated, actioned and closed to the required level, i.e. by updating Company procedures, providing direct feedback to the functional Director/Manager, toolbox talks/staff briefings etc.
- Carry out in-house training sessions and tool box talks.
- Work as part of the health and safety team to increase awareness of health and safety issues across the company and encourage staff engagement.
- Collate statistics for inclusion in monthly reports.
- Assist in investigating accidents and incidents and producing of reports.
- Support Client projects with the production of documentation to ensure compliance with CDM regulations
- Conduct site audits and inspections where required on activities.
- Assist the review of all QHSE Documentation in line with both legislative and Company requirements.
- Conduct any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as required and instructed by your line manager.
- Represent at Client meetings to provide safety advice and support
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Strong sense of commitment and able to communicate and interface across all levels.
- Delivery of continual improvement programme.
- Producing and delivering Audit programme and analysing Audit and Inspection findings.
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the CDM regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Forward thinking and uses initiative.