Residential Support Worker
Residential Support Worker (Children and Young People)
Near Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire
GBP16,450 - GBP17,450 + sleep-in allowance (approx. GBP3,000 pa)
An excellent opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to join a leading social care provider at one of their Residential Children's homes in the Burton area. The company specialsies in supporting and educating young people aged 11-18 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Candidates will be expected to have a get up and go attitude. Experience working with children and young people who have challenging behaviour is desirable but not essential. You must have transferable skills that have been gained from working with similar client groups.
The ideal candidate would need to have the passion and drive to make a real difference in these young people's lives and to be able to understand the challenges faced by this client group, although experience is not essential for candidates within this client group the above attitudes must be evident.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a caring, safe, secure and accepting environment that meets the physical, health, social needs and rights of the young people.
- Developing and maintaining a good level of awareness of child protection issues, assessing and recording risk. Completing accurate and up to date records of the work undertaken and completing written reports
- Learn about service user's individual needs and requirements and to take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
Benefits to you:
- Full training and further qualifications, to include QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People (if not already held)
- The chance to work for a specialist care provider
- Join a fantastic person centred team
- Competitive annual salary
-Over-time available with enhanced pay
You must hold a full UK manual Driving Licence, must be held for 3 years+
If you would like to work for a professional and passionate company who has the interests of their service users and employees at heart and have your own personal passion and drive to make the difference to the lives of children and young people, then please apply today!