Clinical Services Manager - Imaging
BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager - Imaging to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography Essential with MRI certificate ideal
- Management / supervisory experience within a multi modality imaging department
- An outstanding and experienced natural leader who is also a team player.
- IT familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lead motivates, support and develop employees to maximise contribution to business goals and objectives.
- A confident decision maker who can make sound business decisions.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and make recommendations on data specific to the hospital in order to identify business development opportunities , change current practice, monitor and influence performance.
- Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
- Strategic awareness with an ability to understand the commercial perspective of healthcare delivery.
- Diplomacy skills to enhance client, customer and supplier relations.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide leadership and strategic direction, develop and manage service delivery within your area of responsibility with a high degree of professionalism ensuring effective deployment, utilization and control of all resources while providing a high quality, responsive, patient focused service.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team to contribute to the strategic, operational and business development of the hospital.
- To ensure that high quality, responsive Diagnostic Imaging & Cardiology services are delivered to meet the needs of all customers and the business.
- Clinical cover maybe required.
- To maximise opportunities to develop the Diagnostic Imaging & Cardiology businesses increasing operational efficiency to achieve optimum utilisation of assets in line with, and in support of, the Hospital Business Plan.
- To produce a business plan for all areas within responsibility; monitor and evaluate monthly financial data, submitting reports as requested. To be responsible for the provision of statistics and costing to the Executive Director
- To monitor all revenue capture procedures and to ensure that charges are completed, checked and dispatched in a timely manner.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational supervision of Diagnostic Imaging services ensuring department policies and procedures are established and maintained.
- Conduct radiographic examinations using a range of equipment upon various patient types both as an autonomous practitioner and as part of a multi professional team, in a manner that meets professional, departmental and legal standards
- To guide and oversee the implementation of SOP's ensuring compliance with all pertinent legislation / guidelines.
- To ensure there are appropriate Radiation Protection Supervisors in the Diagnostic Imaging Department and that training is up to date.
- To ensure IORT compliant
- To ensure all work environments are safe and that all local rules and systems of work are observed.
- To work with the RPA to ensure the imaging department complies with all statutory regulations.
- In conjunction with the clinical and non clinical Leads, recruit and retain high calibre staff within the department maintaining a staff complement to ensure optimum patient care and safety and to meet the business needs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.