Junior Sous Chef
Starting Point Recruitment / Steps to work are working with a client based in Tamworth who are seeking a talented Junior Sous Chef.
Hours - 45
Salary - GBP22,000
Reports into: Sous Chefs, Executive Sous Chef & Executive Head Chef
Persons Supervised: Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Commis Chef, Breakfast Chef & Kitchen Porters
Prepare and serve a range of menu items that meet customers' expectations, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
To promote a 'Service with Passion' Attitude at all times.
Resolve guest problems and complaints as appropriately and professionally as possible
Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the business, such as suppliers, contractors, labour relations representatives and competitors. Cooperates, coordinates and communicates closely with Grill Inn Front of House staff & Hospitality Team. Ensure communication to the hotel team where necessary.
Key Job Responsibilities
• To arrive changed and ready for work on time
• To consult with the Sous Chefs as to your duties for that shift
• Prepares kitchen equipment for use. Clean work areas ready to start with your duties
• Assembles and prepares ingredients for menu items
• To check that your MEP is up to the requirements for both your and all other sections for that shift. If not, organise and prepare more and remember to rotate the stock
• Prepares food items in accordance with all current menus for all catering outlets
• Prepares food for service
• Portions and plates food
• To prepare MEP for the following day
• To make sure that the walk-in refrigerators and dry store are clean and tidy. Rotate stock and inform head chef if items have run low or out of anything.
• Assists with checking and receiving goods. The right product, quantity, quality and weight before it is signed for. (Then the invoice placed in the chefs office)
• Store goods correctly
For more information on this post and others available please contact Amber Bouvet on