About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and driven marketing professional to play a key role in implementing the audience development, marketing, branding and PR strategies for Coventry's finest museums and visitor attractions.
Culture Coventry Trust has recently been awarded National Portfolio Organisation status by Arts Council England, and we are about to embark on a 4 year project which will see us dramatically change the work we do at the Herbert Art Gallery. The recent shortlisting of Coventry as City of Culture 2021, and award of GBP1.6m of HLF Great Places funding, has created opportunities to influence the cultural landscape of the city, and we are at the heart of it.
You will be an integral member of a fun and dynamic marketing team, at a pivotal moment for Coventry. You will use your copywriting and marketing experience to create contemporary collateral relevant to our diverse audiences, and capable of developing more. You will use your creative flair and passion for the cultural sector to support the delivery of targeted marketing and communications campaigns.
About the organisation
Culture Coventry Trust is one of Britain's most exciting arts and heritage organisations. Its mission is to promote innovative and creative arts activities in ways which help to establish them as a significant part of people's lives. The Trust supports a regular programme of exhibitions, educational workshops and performances and attracts over 700,000 visitors of all ages per year.
Within the Trust we have Coventry Transport Museum, the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum and the Old Grammar School, which are all situated in the heart of Coventry and the Lunt Roman Fort less than three miles away on the outskirts of the City.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A Minimum of 2 years' experience of working within a busy marketing team.
- Experience of writing engaging copy/editorial relevant to a variety of audiences
- Experience of delivering marketing and/or communications campaigns
- Experience of using a social media business manager.
- Experience of editing or developing a website
- Experience of audience development
- Experience of working within/or a keen interest in the Cultural section.
- Experience of project management
- Excellent standard of English and written communication skills
- A positive and flexible 'can do' attitude
- The ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work with designers to create contemporary design and branding that accurately reflects our venues
- To co-ordinate the production and distribution of all printed promotional materials
- To write engaging promotional copy and exhibitions text which is relevant to our target audiences
- To work with designers to produce advertising linked to our permanent and temporary offer.
- To produce images, gifs and short video content for use online and in promotional materials.
- To assist the Director of Marketing & Communications to produce relevant and interesting exhibition launch events.
- Write, issue and track media releases and liaise with the media on PR stories