Gas Combustion Engineer
Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Combustion Engineer
Our ideal candidate be from a plumbing background and will be a time served gas engineer with commercial experience who has obtained the commercial ACS qualifications that allow you to operate as a compliant commercial gas engineer and will hold a valid competence card issued by the Gas Safe Register (Commercial). Candidates who also hold domestic ACS qualifications, are F Gas qualified and have experience in working with air conditioning systems would be advantageous. The role will involve carrying out, gas related and general building maintenance related statutory monthly PPM tasks and will be the point of escalation for their team of maintenance assistants.
Your responsibilities as our Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Combustion Engineer:
- To carry out Gas related reactive repairs/breakdowns & statutory Gas servicing & safety checks
- To re-lamp light fittings (fluorescent, bayonet, 2D, etc.)
- To carry out reactive maintenance (Service and Breakdowns) including fault finding across a diverse range of boiler systems.
- Maintain all gas heating equipment and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed across commercial building.
- Ensure all gas distribution systems are functional and operational within design parameters and carry out reactive repairs within agreed response and rectification times.
- Ensure energy efficiencies are controlled and maintained.
- Undertake gas work safely in compliance with gas-safe standards.
- To identify areas for additional works within and out of the specified contractual requirement.
- Ensure all assets are maintained in accordance with the O&M Manuals.
- Assist in supervising contractors and sub-contractors and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations.
- Ensure that all reactive calls are closed out in line with our contractual time scales.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and company policy. (Fire regulations, COSHH, Safe working practices, PPE, PAT testing etc.)
- Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and maintained.
- Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturers manuals and drawings as required.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports as required or instructed.
- Maintain all Air conditioning equipment and assist with all other PPM routines on site.
- Report any mechanical/electrical problems affecting the day-to-day operations to the Operations team.
- Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required.
- Maintain all mechanical equipment and assist with all other PPM routines as instructed.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking mechanical work and document in full to ensure safe working practise.
- Carry out training with on-site maintenance teams.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties that may be necessary.
Essential Requirements of our Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Combustion Engineer:
- Plumbing background
- Commercial ACS qualifications
- Hold a valid competence card issued by the Gas Safety Register
Desirable Requirements of our Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Combustion Engineer:
- Domestic ACS qualifications
- F Gas qualified
- Experience working with air conditioning systems
All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered.
Salary is £30,000 with a £5,000 call out allowance which will be paid at £416 each month to cover any call outs attended during the month. If you have not attended a call out that month, you will still receive the £416 each month.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role of our Multi Skilled Commercial Gas Combustion Engineer then please click 'apply' now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75458939