We are seeking an experienced Billing Administrator to join our Finance Operations Centre/Shared Services Team. Who provide transactional processing support, data and analysis across the wider Interserve business.The ideal candidate will be working as part of a team to ensure that operating level agreements (OLAS) are met in line with service partnering agreements (SPAS). This role will initially be based in our Dudley office until early 2018 when we relocate to a new building in Solihull, near the NEC.
- Working as part of a billing team, responsible for ensuring completed works are invoiced to the relevant clients
- Ensuring WIP is kept to a minimum
- Managing work orders and ensuring data is correct
- Liaising with business partners and engineers to close out works for invoicing
- Dealing with billing queries within the agreed timeframe
- Processing credit notes after obtaining relevant approval in line with Authority Matrix
- Maintaining Electronic copies of paper documents required for audit
- Work and ensure all tasks completed accurately in a timely manner, and recorded
- Report all financial activities to Business Unit/Finance Managers
- Train new team members and ensuring OLAS are maintained – we operate a graduate scheme and as such we have people rotating through departments
- Working within a culture of continuous improvement, identifying and implementing process improvements to drive effectiveness – creating reports, providing information to management, identify problems within systems and processes and working to actively manage and resolve them
- Identifying risk and non-compliance to minimise the risk to business
What we are looking for
- Experience in a similar billing role
- To be able to work in a high volume environment using own initiative to achieve goals
- Computer literate. Intermediate ability in the use of Microsoft Excel (be able to utilise pivot tables & lookups), Word and Outlook
- Flexibility – successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Organised and efficient with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths
- High customer service focus
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Problem solving and analysis – analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
- Experience of working within a shared service centre environment
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Makes systematic and rational judgements - based on relevant information.
- Quality orientation – shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75458813