Service Design & Transition Lead
Service Design & Transition Lead x 2 FTC
Rugby - These roles are offered on an initial fixed term contract until 31st March 2018.
The purpose of this role is to provide Service Design and Transition expertise for the Airwave business, part of the Motorola group.
The role will provide subject matter expertise in the service design and introduction of all products and services (core and new markets) within a mission critical communications service provider.
They will be responsible for the translation of customer requirements and contractual obligations into Service Designs that describes the scope of services, delivery model(s), people, processes, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and supporting Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) to provide the basis for transition into the Business-As-Usual (BAU) in-life environment.
The role will manage the effective introduction of services into the live environment by negotiating, agreeing and maintaining transition plans with impacted stakeholders ensuring services are implemented within agreed levels of disruption.
The role also provides 'consultancy’ to other areas of the business to support pre-sales, bids, legal, commercial and service delivery activities and Continual Service Improvement activity.
Ideally having an extensive operational and / or technical background, the role holder will be required to interpret complex technical information at times and be able to convey that information in a service context.
- Maintaining at all times a consistent and professional consultative approach.
- Ensuring Architecture, Design and Transition outputs are effectively scoped, planned and delivered on time.
- Elicitation of requirements from multiple sources (customer, business, operational and suppliers).
- Management, analysis and selection of key Service Design options.
- Developing outline Service Design costs.
- Documenting customer drivers, requirements, contractual agreements and service management approaches.
- Creation of SLA/KPIs, service credit models and along with target operating models.
- Leading the definition & agreement of 3rd Party Underpinning Contracts to ensure appropriate support models can be implemented.
- Development and maintenance of strong and productive supplier relationships to define supplier agreements for changes to / introduction of services and support models.
- Acting as the key interface into the operational environment for consistent, predictable and smooth transition of services into the live operation in accordance with agreed acceptance criteria & requirements.
- Cross business representation of service management / service design.
- Supporting and coaching team members (matrix and direct).
- Supporting Business Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
- Providing Service Management consultancy to key business stakeholders.
- Attending customer meetings to ascertain and manage service expectations and requirements so they can be supported and met by the business.
- Production of customer manuals and handover material.
Experience & Skills :
- A broad commercial awareness and understanding of business beyond Subject Matter Expertise / Specialism is essential
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in operational environments
- At least 2 years experience in a IT or communications environment, preferably within Service Management
- Experienced in maintaining and delivering to plans
- Understanding and appreciation of Project Management Techniques (such as ISEB, Prince II foundation)
- Experience of pre-sales support, service design and transition project delivery
- Experience of managing the expectations of stakeholders
- Clear and concise verbal, written and presentational skills.
- An ability to develop strong relationships, employing strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Negotiating skills required to agree a Service Management definition that satisfies all stakeholders.
- Use of structured analysis and questioning techniques required Ito drive out precise requirements of stakeholders.
Service Design & Transition Lead x 2 (FTC) - Rugby, Warwickshire