On Road Team Manager
We are currently looking to recruit for On Road Team Managers to be based in the West Midlands, to lead a dynamic frontline team to deliver a customer focused service on the strategic road network.
Day to day
- Provide effective front line management, supporting and developing self, individuals and a team. Ensuring safety, absence and conduct are managed pro-actively.
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others by challenging, reporting and acting on any unsafe activities or conditions.
- Comply with Health and Safety responsibilities and reporting requirements to ensure all staff operate in a safe manner
- Lead the team to deliver a professional frontline service by developing and maintaining a positive and collaborative relationship with colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Contribute to improvements which minimise risk to the health, safety and welfare of colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
- Manage and seek ways to improve operational performance against agreed business objectives.
- Act as incident commander either on scene or from the control room on behalf of Highways England. Ensure all those involved are working safely and collaboratively to resolve the incident and restore the network for the use of our customers in a timely manner.
- Be proactive in the development of yourself and others by reviewing and learning from past experiences whilst seeking further opportunities to improve capability and future performance.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong professional relationships to deliver results outside immediate team
- A strong track record of delivering outcomes and achievements in a customer focussed organisation.
- Experience of incident management and working in an operational environment.
- Proficient in the use of IT office software products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver work in a calm and effective manner
- Experience of motorway driving
Live within one hour's commutable distance of the vacancy location. Have held a full valid UK driving licence for 2 years with no more than 3 points on your licence (at the time of sending in your application)
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75458681