PLC Controls Engineer
PLC Controls Engineer to work a standard day shift.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Ink Engineering Automation Team for a PLC Controls Engineer. This role will report directly into our Senior Technical Manager and will be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance, designing control and process circuits and the modification and installation of control systems.
Hours of work (Flexi time available):
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The role of PLC Controls Engineer:
- PLC/HMI design, installation and commissioning (Keyence, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- PLC/Electrical (low voltage) fault finding
- Providing advice and guidance on any matters in relation to electrical standards and control systems
- Designing control and process circuits
- Modification and installation of control systems on automated machinery
- Specification of electrical control components
- Work to constantly improve efficiency of production machinery
The ideal PLC Controls Engineer:
- Recognised apprenticeship scheme completed with relevant HNC/D qualification
- Experience as an PLC Controls Engineer with circuit design, PLC programming and fault finding
- Experience of robotics preferable
- Experience of CE Marking process
- Previous experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement
- High attention to detail with good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to be flexible, work within a team and show initiative when working alone
Whats on offer:
- Salary – up to £45,000
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance up to 4 x
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme
- 31 days holiday
We are a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a line-up that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by a Japan-based Corporation, our group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Thank you for applying. If you have not heard off us within 14 working days please assume we will not be proceeding further with your application. We wish you all the best in your search for future employment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75456853