Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Nights
A leading automotive company require an experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to work nights Sunday to Thursday at their factory in Coventry.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Scope of Position:
Provide all departments with safe, well maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and the ability to meet production requirements in a timely manner.
- Performs duties of mechanic as required including pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems and tools.
- Provides trouble-shooting assistance to other maintenance personnel with electrical, PLC programming or other maintenance related needs as required, including back up to assembly line programs, crating and modifying a line program and die wiring.
- Responsible for completion of necessary paperwork including work orders/time sheets/log board entries/line book revisions as required in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement suggestions on the production line.
- Ordering parts and following the parts received procedure.
- Performing routine preventive maintenance as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean tidy and organized work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement program.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
- Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
- Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
Key areas of Authority:
- Ensure that the objectives of the Business Plan are met in accordance with the framework of the company
- Follow company procedures and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Stop any process where quality or safety issues are identified
- Experience as an Industrial Mechanic or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and mechanical systems and tools would be an asset.
- PLC Programming and trouble shooting an asset.
- Machine Shop and MIG/TIG Welding experience an asset.
- Electrical trouble shooting capabilities required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.